Saturday 12 March 2011

Novella Weekend: Book Two


Now I have finished my second book, a volume of poetry, and surprised myself by loving it. I almost never read poetry, so I have Peter (aka Dark Puss) to thank for giving me People on a Bridge by Wislawa Szymborska. (Imagine a line through that 'l', which makes it a 'w' sound... and the 'w' is a 'v' sound, so think Viswava. And I can't tell you the joy I'm having saying Szymborska to myself - I don't think I've ever heard such a satisfying surname.)

3 comments:

  1. Reading poetry is one of the things that I'm always meaning to do more of and never do. I have a little section of poetry books on my bookshelf that never get looked at.
    Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can a book of poetry be a novella? I'm intrigued.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Joanne - you're doing better than me; I don't even have the books on my shelves!

    Colin - no, not really... but Short Book Weekend sounded less intellectual ;)

    ReplyDelete

I've now moved to www.stuckinabook.com, and all my old posts are over there too - do come and say hello :)

I probably won't see your comment here, I'm afraid, but all my archive posts can also be found at www.stuckinabook.com.